Thursday, October 9, 2008

:)!

I find myself trapped in a constant flux of emotions. Horror at man's inhumanity to man, which brings my clients thousands of miles from their home to my office, and incredible gratitude in man's generosity to man, as seen by the plethora of donations the IRC receives each and everyday...which again brings my clients miles from their home to my office.

I am overwhelmed with Utahns generosity and with the generosity of the Unitarian Church (who delivers the furniture donated to the IRC to the newly arrived refugees each Friday free of charge) and the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (who donates approximately 100$ worth of goods and food stuffs to every newly arrived family). A gi-normous thank you to them!!!

It's simply AMAZING! But, we are always in need of more (as the goods are distributed as soon as they're received and the families just keep coming...)!

I hate to use my blog as a place to solicit help, BUT... (SMILE!) if anyone has an extra winter coat laying around...or an old scarf, gloves, hat, boots etc...and would like to donate it to IRC I'll gladly arrange a time to meet and pick it up! Also...if any church groups, neighborhood groups, friend groups, family units are interested in doing a winter clothing drive - let me know and I could get a bunch of IRC literature and information if you'd like to donate any goods to the IRC (we're a 501 c 3 so it's tax deductible! ) :).

Don't feel obligated to donate (I unfortunately don't have an extra winter coat, so I completely understand!)!!!!!!!!!!! But, I thought I'd just throw out my idea!

So, yes, I'm happy today because - in spite of it all - a large portion of humanity is GOOD. Thank heaven for that. :)

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Guess this is as good a time as any to donate my 'skinny' clothes since I have a feeling I won't ever be wearing them again. :-)

I even have a 'skinny' coat worthy enough for donation. hehehe.
I'll call you.