At the end of our staff meetings we have a tradition where we perform a 'round table.' This gives each employee an opportunity to make announcements or share good news, etc. At today's round table, as it became time for one of our Case Managers to speak she just started laughing and said, "I don't have any news, or any brags, but I do have a really funny story. Burmese people are just so funny!" (This Case Manager happens to be Burmese herself...)
She said she went last week to collect a client for an important appointment with the State's Resettlement Board. She said when she arrived he was waiting for her, very nicely dressed and polished. She asked him if he had the long list of documents necessary for such a meeting - to each enquiry he said that he did have that document and readily displayed it for her. Satisfied that they were ready to go, he packed up his child and got into the Case Manager's car. They were nearly half way to the appointment when the man said, "Um...I need to go back home."
"Why?" the case manager asked.
"Because I forgot something."
"What could you have forgotten?"
"My shoes."
:D!!!!!!!!! Yes, we all burst out laughing. What an adorable story! I love Burmese people!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a funny story! This made my day.
Post a Comment