I don't even know where to begin......
My life has, quite literally, been turned upside down and shaken (violently) back and forth since landing on the tarmac at the SLC airport some 1.5 months ago.
I find myself laying on the ground looking around at the pieces of things familiar, yet misplaced wondering to myself, "How the HELL am I to put THIS back together?"
And here I sit, speechless (aw, who am I kidding, I'm never speechless!)? What, oh what, to do now?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Barb and I have 108 years combined experience in life (I’m not supposed to reveal how that is divided up ;-) ).
If you think we can help, give us a call.
Then again, 108 years seems not enough because we often don't know what to do. If we only had 216 years combined experience, I'm sure we'd have more answers. If not, then we’ll go for 432 years. If life weren’t so chaotic at times, and getting the experience wasn’t so hard, we’d push for 864 years . . . somewhere in this progression we might have all the answers . . . err . . . maybe. ;-)
But then there is one who knows all . . . given millions of years of experience. You can always turn to him. By the way, he has a man that works for him right in your neighborhood – your bishop – and he is wise beyond his years because his boss made him that way (for about a 5 year period, and that’s about all he gets) Talk to him. Doesn’t have to be church related . . . he can give good advice, he’s cheap to talk to, and he has no motive other than trying to help you. You can’t get this combination often in this world.
Your parents also have been given special powers from on high to help you. Again, they give good advice, they are cheap to talk to, and they -definitely- have no other motive than trying to help you. Have I mentioned that this combination doesn’t come up very much in life? ;-) Well, it’s true.
But, if you think we can help, give us a call.
Um, not really sure what to say, Dani… But, I feel compelled to comment just the same.
I don’t possess loads of wisdom and can’t guide you in a spiritual sense… but, I do know that sometimes it’s not really advice or guidance you might be seeking. Only YOU know what’s best for YOU and how YOU need to move forward… and, more often than not, what you’re really looking for is the love and support from those surrounding you. I have a pretty good feeling that the people who love you will support you in what ever decisions you ultimately make for your future.
I'll just speak from my own experience, albeit most likely totally different from your own... BUT, it DOES all work out the way it should, in the end. Change and uncertainty is hard... very hard. It's something I've never been able to embrace with open arms... but, I've also never been disappointed by accepting the challenges ahead and what they might bring… In fact, I’ve always been pleasantly surprised by how it all works out in the end.
So, plow forward with your instincts (and faith) to guide you and accept what advice and wisdom your family and friends may have to offer. You've got your whole life ahead of you and I'll bet my pennies in Vegas this weekend (I’d bet hundreds if I had it :-)) that you won't be disappointed with what your future holds.
Keep your chin up, keep smiling, and don’t lose focus from your passion…
Hugs,
Melissa
Hey girl,
We're here for you. I know that you'll pull through soon. You're a born fighter and I know that you're brave and smart enough to win this battle.
Thanks for being such a great friend even when your life has fallen apart.
I hope and pray that this won't last long. Good luck.
Love ya.
jestina
Sometimes you just have to find one thing to look forward to everyday. I've been in a similar place and it sucks to be there. Try to find one good thing everyday to get you going, soon more and more will show up and after awhile, you will find what you're looking for. Sometimes you just have to redirect your focus for awhile until you can get where you want to be. I hope that helped, I've only met you a couple times (at Paul and Jestina's) but your words could have been mine about two years ago. It sucks, but you'll make it, it sounds like you have wonderful people in your life. Best of luck!
Wendy
Post a Comment