This last week has been pretty decent. It rained Thursday, Friday, Saturday and was cloudy all day today! It's like an early birthday present of WONDER! I'm so happy about this cooler weather. Get this: I wore a hoody Friday morning walking to school, it was cold!!! (Yeah, so what if I took it off after 10 minutes...I still was able to at least put it on!) I think this is a promising look at what is to come: FALL in the Southern Hemisphere (or "autumn" as they say). I can't wait. This summer was miserable. I will never complain about heat in the US again, ever. Air conditioning and actual ceilings make a HUGE difference, plus being able to drive everywhere, or at least take a bus - wow. Life of luxury! :)
School was pretty disappointing, I was canceled on too many times to count - but that's life. I have rescheduled most of the things that were canceled on and should at least be able to finish them before school breaks for a month in two weeks. I have an "exciting" workshop put together on classroom management tips, I hope it works out well!
Let's see...we've had a few social things going on lately. Last Saturday (if I already mentioned this, sorry) we had some PCVs over and we borrowed the projector and the keys to our center and camped out on the cement floor and had an 8 hour "Office" marathon. It was pretty fun, in a lobotomizing kind of way :). This weekend we celebrated a PCV's bday and had another PCV stay over. It's nice to have company at night, it's almost like having a social life again. Almost :).
My stomach has, once again, been giving me problems. So I broke down and called the Peace Corps doctor. We have a new one and she is AMAZING! She was angry that Peace Corps hadn't taken my stomach complaints more seriously (strange spots have been appearing all over the skin on my stomach...I look like a leopard...it's pretty nasty). So, I'm going into Pretoria on the 18th to see her. Plus that's the week of my "Warden" training and my birthday! Yippee! I get to celebrate my birthday in Pretoria! I'm excited. It does mean we have to fork over the money to cart Jason with me, but hey I want to have a good bday (after the Christmas fiasco!). :)
That being said, Jason and I have been under a lot of stress lately. We have a lot of decisions we've been grappling with these past few weeks. I'm sorry to sound "preachy" but I'm grateful for having religion in times like this (even if I can't go to church more than once/year)!! Life changing decisions are stressful! But, so far we've done our best to prayerfully contemplate and meditate on each issue, isolating the problem areas and deleting the extraneous.
I got two packages the other day for my birthday. That's exciting! My grandpa sent me lots of candy and NUTS! My mom sent me some wrapped gifts and the book "Twilight" apparently it's some huge craze in Mormon country :). I'm not so sure about it, a vampire love story? :) I'll definitely give it a shot.
We leave on our vacation in 21 days. Yippee! I just found out today though that we're going to be in Zanzibar during the height of its rainy season! hahaha. Oh well, I hear the place really clears out. More beach space for us PCVs who've had enough sun to last a life time as it is!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment