Thursday, November 1, 2007

FINALLY! An (almost) completely GREAT day!

So, this morning started out like any other, as most mornings do. But, it didn't start off well. I went to school and was told that NONE of the 23 teachers at that school want to co-teach with me because they're all too busy. That's not really a big deal but it was the ONLY thing left for me to do with them...and there's still a month left of school! I was a bit irritated...but, aw I don't want to waste time explaining the bad stuff of today!

I then left the school to go meet with a local pastor's wife...where I was informed that I could start working with her! She has an after school program for children infected with HIV/AIDS. Ever since I heard about her program I knew it was something I wanted to do. I could help the kids with their English, play with them and let them know they're loved. I'm really excited about this and hope to start next week.

I then got home and was informed by Jason that our computer class was APPROVED by the department of ed! Yay! We start next Monday! We already have 28 people signed up. It's terribly exciting. Finally, something SUBSTANTIVE to do!

And then I go the BEST surprise of all...ILP wrote me back! Apparently they'd written me over 3 weeks ago but the letter went to my 'junk mail' box...blasted yahoo account. Anyway, they're VERY interested in starting a chapter of ILP in South Africa! Each director wrote me an email with a series of really tough logistical questions. Fortunately I'd been thinking over such details for a while and had some answers stored away. I then spent the rest of the afternoon crafting a long winded reply. I sent it a while ago and am hoping they'll be glad with the answers. Bringing ILP to South Africa would be, potentially, the biggest contribution Jason or I could give this country because it's nearly 100% sustainable. I can't even begin to describe how excited this makes me! It's in the very beginning stages where so many things could still go wrong...but, gosh darn it, it's PROGRESS!

So please, everyone keep these projects in your prayers. Especially ILP! (For those who don't know/remember ILP is the organization I initially went to Russia with they teach English using the duo-lingual education methodology which I believe in fully it would change the lives of the kids in this village if they could come) We have a lot of funding hurdles to overcome. But, where there's a will there's a way? I hope so, it would make my whole 2 years here WORTH IT.

K, yay for finally being excited! It's been a rough month for me, I hope things stay positive.

Thanks for the prayers!!! We need them.

No comments: