Monday, July 16, 2007

Leaving on a jet plane...

It's official. Saying goodbye is my LEAST favorite hobby. I have had quite an amazing week. I spent it's entirity up in Tre-town with my parents while Jason stayed in K-town (both abbreviated for anonymity's sake) to maximize the remainder of our time with our families. There was a lot of last minute purchases, packing, and stress! Emotions were high! I was able to spend two entire days with my mom as she was able to take them off work and I spent all day Thursday with my dad. Saturday my sister-in-law threw us the most amazing goodbye party and a huge number of our friends were able to come and say goodbye! I saw people I haven't seen in years who I love so dearly (Tyler and Phaidra = THANK YOU AGAIN!). It was fantastic. We stayed up until 2 am with our closest friends and then finally hit the sack to prepare ourselves for today...our LAST DAY in Utah.

Nothing could have prepared me for the roller coaster of emotions I have been on today. I had NO idea saying goodbye to my parents would hurt so much! I pride myself in being mostly in control of my waterworks....ahhhh who am I kidding....those of you who know me well know that this 'control' of which I speak is lax at most! But, all in all it was a fantastic day. But, here's a shout out to my mom and dad: I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!!!

Okay - now for a general shout out to all my blog readers, each of whom I love dearly. (Don't worry the mushiness will end soon) Thanks for all the support each of you have rendered Jason and I through the last few years. Our married life has taken us all across the map (literally) but we count ourselves blessed to have so many amazing people supporting us. Please do not hesitate to write even though my internet access will be severely limited for the first few months. I am looking forward to opening my email and having lots of letters :).

In closing, I have a favor to ask of those of you who know my parents personally...please take care of them! Don't be afraid to give them a call (their home phone # is my high school phone # - it hasn't changed). They still live in the same house too! It would mean the WORLD to me :).

God bless you all, keep in touch! The next entry will be from Africa!!

HOOOOOOOORAY!

P.S. please forgive all typos...am on my dad's mac and can't figure out how to spell check this! disaster! ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh dani - we miss you. Esther read (your blog) along with me and she kept saying "Jason." She remembers Jason's name and she kept pointing at your picture. She wasn't happy when I changed the page in order to leave a comment for you.

I really hope that you both have a splendid time.

Please, try to email me your parents' phone number so that I can call... I'm sure they can use the distraction that we'll provide.

I miss you terribly. love you loads.

jestina

Patrick H. Neeley said...

Dani (and jason), please oh please update your blog. I'm going through stout withdrawal. Talk to us.

I hope things are going well in south africa. And i am wishing you luck from just up north.

When you're finally able to get phones i would suggest looking into internet phones, as the rock. And, at least here anyway, the gprs service isn't that expensive. In fact, i'm using it now.

love you guys. Take care.

patrick