Monday, June 18, 2007

Life speeds up EVERYDAY


So, we officially leave in 28 days. That is trippy (and the title of a movie). Furthermore I am in the middle of the one of the strangest experiences I've ever had! I am working my two jobs and attempting to pack...this literally takes up like 18 hours of each 24. I catch myself coming and going and I'm perpetually tired. All that to say, I had some ideas that after graduation life would slow down!!! I couldn't have been more wrong! Waitressing is exhausting and I'm working one or two shifts a day 7 days a week. I got off work today and literally walked into my bedroom and slept for four hours! Ga! The part that's the most frustrating is that I get to see my parents oh...maybe...NEVER! It makes me sad because I only have a limited amount of time to be with them and I'm working so much I never have the time to drive to Tremonton and visit. That's the hardest part about this whole working a million hours a week experience :). All that to say, I know what's going to happen. I'm going to land in South Africa, look around, and start freaking out because I haven't slowed down long enough to realize I'm leaving the USA! This has happened to me before but never to such an extent. I can only hope I can convey to my parents and those I love how MUCH I love them, even if I'm not going to be able to say goodbye to my extended family or many (if not MOST) of my friends. Where's the time going! :)

No comments: